Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Friday, February 3, 2012

7 Quick Takes





-1-
mother miriam
We are certainly blessed to know some great people in our family. Just this week our favorite Nun, Mother Miriam of the Lamb of God was named One of the Top Ten People to Watch by Inside Vatican Magazine. She is an amazing woman. I love her straight forwardness and she has been nothing but welcoming to me and my family.
ordination 021
-2-
In other news we are going to miss “our” Monks. Recently my dear husband became a Benedictine Oblate at the Monastery of Our Lady  of the Cenacle, however our dear monks including Fr. Kirby will be moving the monastery to Ireland in the next couple of months. Our family has come to enjoy our visits with them. My youngest even made his first communion at the Monastery, without me being present I might add. (but that is a story for another time)
IMG_8698
-3-
My 8th grade daughter is already making life plans, she is planning on becoming a Naturopathic Doctor, but in order to do so she is lining up not only her courses for high school, planning concurrent enrollment her junior and senior year but where she will go for under grad and graduate school. As of me writing this she is hoping to go to The North American College in Rome, YES! Rome, Italy! People.  I was planning on her going to grad school on the East or West Coast, we live in the middle of the country, but now she wants to go to Rome?
-4-
Remember when my daughter’s both auditioned for the same role in the school musical? Well Pi, got the solo. She is beyond thrilled, Peanut is only in 6th grade and it is her first semester in drama so she has plenty of time to grow into roles.
-5-
Food is important to me at our house, as I am sure it is at your house. Recently I changed how I eat, I have been vegan in the past and I have been gluten free for at least 6 months, well I have combined the two in the last month. I will be truthful, it is not as hard as it sounds when you eat Real Food, I eat plenty of food just not bread, cheese, diary or meat, nor do I eat pasta’s (most gluten free are not that good). I do eat up to 1 lb. of fresh veggies a day and 1lb. of cooked veggies. Friends that is a LOT of food.
-6-
Given that I am eating so much green food lately I have been working on the garden, I am getting ready to plant some early greens. Using a cold frame I can start growing my kale and spinach in February very easily. My only problem is that my favorite store to get seeds at was out of them this week when I went. I guess there are other gardeners who are taking advantage of this mild weather we are having. So tell me if you garden what are your favorite early crops? I have onions coming up already and I am planning on spinach and kale what else do you like to put in for spring?
-7-
My son, Pumpkin, and I have been working on a project this week. After clearing out some dead limbs from around our pond my son decided to build a fort, but this is not just any fort. It is big enough for the whole family and a shelter worthy of Bear Grylls. It is still a work in progress and he has plans to fill in the sides with hay and mud to make it water tight.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

the seeds I ordered just shipped today (e-mail is so fun) but I will probably wait until March to plant anything outside so they don't get snowed on!
How fun for your girls to be in musicals together. That's one of the few activities my brothers and I all did together, and it is so fun to have those memories!

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

The only things I plant by seed would be my greens, We can get so many good plants in April that I usually wait until all the festivals and buy my heirloom plants then, of course it helps that my neighbor has a greenhouse and grows them all to sell.

As for snow our warm and dry weather is continuing, we are above normal with little rain or snow again this year.

This is the first time my girls will actually be in a production together, they have done little Christmas musicals but never together. It is interesting to watch the dynamic.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest