Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Things I learned in 2011


IMG_6788

Learning isn’t just for kids. Each year I make it a point to learn some new things, but some of the lessons I learn each year are not quite what I expect.

  • I learned that thanks to this blog there are more people out there who think like I do.
  • I learned that it is possible to over do and do too much and if I try to be all do all, my body is not very happy.
  • I learned who my friends are this year. (Here is a hint) They come from where you expect them to.
  • I learned that people are not perfect, even if you think they are.
  • I learned that I am not some one who is a meal planner or a by the recipe cook. I am a Stocked Pantry sort of cook.
  • I learned that no matter what your plans are or how much you do plan it can all change in a second.
  • I learned that  you can’t change other people, no matter how hard you try.
  • I learned that even when you have the best intentions sometimes the best thing is do/say nothing.  A simple hug says so much more than all the words in the world.
  • I learned how to prioritize my time. I stopped doing all those things I don’t want to but feel I should. I know concentrate on what is best for me and my family.
  • I learned that I can turn on the circulator on the house HVAC system to move air around when it is hot or cold in the house.
  • I learned how good real meat tastes. Grass fed pastured that is raised locally.
  • I learned how important it is to know where your food comes from
  • I learned that buying my food from local farmers is not any more expensive than the big box stores.
  • I (re)learned how to use natural herbs and spices to treat simple things like a cold. (before I did my sugar detox I had not had a cold in over 3 years)
  • I learned that I am an all or nothing sort of person. This came to light in my sugar detox. While it was easy to give up the sugar it was easy to over indulge at Christmas. (looks like I will be doing another sugar detox in January, who would like to join me?)
I am sure there is so much more I learned, my children continually amaze me with the lessons they teach me, sometimes they seem wise beyond their years.
As 2012 approaches I am making plans to learn some more new things. While I always like to learn something new each year it is often the lessons I learn along the way that teach me so much more than I expect.
Did you learn anything new this past year> Do you plan on learning anything new for 2012. I have some plans of my own and I will share them with you later this week.


2 comments:

Allison said...

I will join you on the sugar detox. For real!

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

I will be getting that going sometime in January along with a juice fast just have to line everything up.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest