Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Black Friday Alternatives

 
Black Friday Hot Deal Header Image4TFTSThumb205140
While many are preparing for Black Friday- (my girls among them) I am thinking of many other things I would love to do instead of standing in line in the dark cold night only to run into a store to pushing people down to get that bargain or great deal. Black Friday shopping is not my idea of fun. Not to mention I like to have my shopping done by Thanksgiving so I can enjoy Advent.
While there are many reasons that you don’t need to go out bargain shopping on Black Friday I will not go into those here. But you can read some of those reasons here and here.
Instead I am going to offer some alternatives to Black Friday Shopping

  • Go out to Breakfast with your Family
  • Many cities have runs the day after Thanksgiving – go burn off those calories from Thanksgiving Dinner
  • Go to a Museum or Zoo
  • Clean out your closet and purge 20 items – Load it up in the car and drop off at a local Charity
  • Get your Car ready for the Winter – clean out the trunk and put your “winter” stuff in the trunk – boots hats, gloves, blanket
  • Finish up those last few outside yard chores and winterize the house
  • Have a family game tournament
  • Start a neighborhood football/soccer game
  • Get out your Advent Wreath and Nativity Set – Set them up
  • Go to see a family friendly movie
  • Have a Homemade Black Friday – get together with some friends or the kids and make gifts, enjoy leftovers.
What will you be doing this Black Friday? I will for one will be getting out my Advent Wreaths (yes I have more than one) and Nativity Sets (I have several of these as well). Did I mention that Advent is my favorite season?

2 comments:

Julie said...

I will not be participating in Black Friday shopping either, I also don't think it is worth going out in the crowds.

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

The deals are not that great in my opinion either. We already have more than 1/2 of our shopping done, anyway and we know what we are getting for the rest. I usually make a plan in September for what I want and then look for deals on those things.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest