Many of you on this blog are mom’s like me, some of you are grandma’s(so you have done this twice). As a woman you will learn if you don’t already how important it is to take time to recharge yourself. There is an old saying “If mama isn't happy, then no-one is happy.” but I like to say “If you don’t take care of yourself, how will you take care of your family?” We need to recharge ourselves regularly Body, Mind and Soul.
- Work in the garden or yard
- Do some Yoga
- Get up for an early morning walk in and seeing the sunrise
- Get outside in Nature
- Take a Shower, one that is longer than 3 minutes, or better yet take a bath.
- Take a Nap
- Play a team sport
- Play with your kids
- Go out dancing
- Take a group exercise class
- Listen to some music
- Take off your shoes and walk barefoot on the grass
- Sit down with a good book, even if it is only for 15 minutes
- Learn how to Sew, or Crochet or Work on your own Car
- Take a class at your local college or community center
- Do the Crossword Puzzle or Sudoku
- Try a new recipe
- Try doing something with your less dominate hand. It makes new neural pathways.
- Follow what Picasso said, “If I don’t have red I use Blue!”
- Change your routine or schedule
- Start a journal or write in yours if you already have one.
- Throw an impromptu pot luck party
- Take 10 minutes for prayer
- Get involved in a cause that is dear to you.
- Meeting up with a a good friend, even if it is only on the phone.
- Meeting up with friends for an evening out
- Having a date night with your Husband (When was the last time you did that?)
- Read the Bible
- Pray the Rosary
What is YOUR favorite way to recharge your batteries?
Living Well Blog Hop