Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Friday, September 23, 2011

Where I’m From



grandmagrey
I am From

I am from garden fresh tomatoes , from Dels Lemonade  and Aunt Carrie’s Chowder.
I am from the house that looks little but is not, that is full of books and smells like a wood stove.
I am from the sod in the front yard, lilies of the valley under the pine tree and a vegetable garden in front of the the front yard.
I am from polar bear plunges on New Year’s Day followed by a Disney Cartoon  and a ridiculously loud laugh, from my Mother and Uncle David and Grandfather.
I am from forgetting something at the store while shopping  and talking to everyone at the store, so that the return trip to get the butter takes 1 hour.
From getting your ducks in a row and some day you will have a child like you.
I am from first communion dresses and confirmation suits, from going to the Rectory after to School when I could not find my mother at home.
I’m from rural New England and the land of the wee folk., hotdogs and beans with pepperoni on Saturday nights, and leg of lamb for Easter
From the a mother who lost Philadelphia on the way to Washington D.C., the father who could fix anything, the grandmother who could cook the best peanut butter cookies .
I am from photo albums in a bookcase, baby clothes and wedding dresses under the eaves in the attic, that are worth more than any other collectibles that may be in that house.

thanks to Mama Kat’s for the writing prompt

9 comments:

Jamie said...

Hi I'm a new follower from HouseUnseen! I'm also a Catholic Mothers Online member and I practice NFP (I read your about me section lol).

I'm really looking forward to reading!! I love finding fellow Catholics! :o)

Jamie
For Love of Cupcakes

MamaCole said...

I just love this writing prompt. Thank you for sharing!!!

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

Thanks for stopping by MamaCole. I will say it wasn't easy to write.

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

Jamie, welcome aboard. Feel free to jump in and join the fun.

CatholicMommy said...

Wonderful! Now I want peanut butter cookies... :-)

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

I will have to dig up the recipe. I am lucky that I managed to get her recipe before she passed away. Btw she is the little girl with the blond hair in the pic above

Maureen | Tatter Scoops said...

Beautifully written! Thanks for sharing your childhood memories :)

twinswithtots said...

A rhode ISlander like me...Dels and Carries surely gave it away! We are actually off this a.m. to get Allies donuts...Sunday treat. YUM!

So excited to find some new, cool blogs today. Love a good Sunday “stroll” around the internet. Hope you are well and thanks for organizing our get together.
Hope you will check us out too at http://twinswithtots.blogspot.com/
Best
Cathy and Becca

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

yes you pegged it Cathy and Becca, and I didn't even mention that the Penguin Plunge was at Narraganset Beach.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest