Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Refreshing Frozen Pineapple Strawberry Smoothie

You can find more Real Food Recipes here. 

IMG_7123

I hate to admit it, but since the weather has heated up here, 100+ degrees for the last month we have been picking up frozen drinks while we are out.  These frozen drinks have been “on special for 79 cents for a 32 ounce drink. In my heart of hearts I know this drink concoctions are not good for us, full of HFCS and artificial colors and flavors.
So I decided to pull out an old drink I used to make. I had stopped making it thinking that we needed to drink more nutritious drinks. But considering what we have been drinking lately, this drink is the better choice.
IMG_7127
To make this drink you will need a blender, we like our smoothie blender but an emersion blender works well if you are making it for one person.
Ingredients
Couldn’t be simpler,
  • Strawberries – if you use frozen or freeze yours you don’t have to add ice
  • Pineapple with some pineapple juice – if in a hurry I use canned pineapple, most brands are canned with only pineapple juice and pineapples. f
optional ingredients
  • seltzer water for some fizz
  • Greek Yogurt for some extra protein


Blend all ingredients in the blender and enjoy. There are no measurements here. But typically I add about a cup of pineapple and juice combined and enough strawberries to fill the blender. I adjust depending on how thick I want the mixture to be. My kids like smoothies thick enough to stand a spoon it in. If you like yours a little more liquid add more liquid.
Enjoy


I am sharing this recipe with Hearth and Soul The Sunday Showcase

1 comment:

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

all I can say is YUM & I am going to enjoy making & taste testing this recipe!

Thanks for linking this up to the Sunday Showcase!Hope to see you link up this weekend on the Sunday Showcase. Looking forward to seeing what you have to share.

Bernadette
http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest