Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Friday, August 12, 2011

Pineapple Salsa


IMG_7311

The first time I had Pineapple Salsa I was staying at the Peabody hotel in Orlando. I fell in love with the concept immediately and I have been making it it ever since.  What I love about this recipe is that it so forgiving and allows me to use variations on the ingredients. When I am in a hurry I use canned pineapple, and frozen peppers and onion mix. When I have more time I grill the ingredients for another layer of flavor. Grilling seems to bring out more sweetness in the ingredients.

Ingredients
  • a yellow onion
  • one red pepper – key to the color
  • one  green pepper
  • one cup of pineapple.
  • one bunch of cilantro ( a good handful)

Directions
  1. Chop all ingredients to about bite size.
  2. In a cast iron skillet or on a grill pan (no worry about small pieces falling through). Cook the pineapple and vegetables.
  3. Equally good with fish, chicken, pork, beans or by itself with a spoon. 


For more great food ideas visit. Food Renegade

4 comments:

Michelle said...

This sounds so yummy, I love pineapple. I wanted to say thanks for participating in Subscriber Sunday and I already subscribe via RSS. Have a great week!

Lenard said...

Pineapple Salsa, seems to easy to make and yummy. I will try this one.

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

Thanks for stopping by. Lenard- Pineapple Salsa is definitely one of my easy and quick recipes that takes any meal to a whole other level, and it is naturally sweet, so you don't need a dessert.

Good Girl Gone Green said...

Pineapple salsa...oh my that looks good!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest