Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Saturday, August 27, 2011

OCD or just Neat and Organized.


#SOCsunday
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
  • Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
  • Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
  • Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
  • Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
  • Link up your post below.
  • Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love

My husband says I have OCD tendencies. He says this because I like my towels folded a certain way in the linen closet, because I have my cupboards and pantry organized by categories and items. I have a baking cupboard, I have a canned goods cupboard, with food organized by item. Beans in one row, tomatoes in another. Jams in one, soups in another. YouIMG_4429 get the idea.
I like my closets neat and orderly. Everthing has a home and a place, and it makes sense, at least to me. It makes my life easier. I now instantly by opening a cupboard what I need when I go grocery shopping. This alleviates stress for me. I hate grocery shopping. I am not very good at meal planning, nor am I consistent at it. So how does someone like me who eats Real Food manage? I have a basic list. I replenish my pantry on a regular basis. I simply look to see what is empty, after checking the list on the white board in the kitchen.  My husband grew up in a house where appearances matter, but what things looked like in closets did not. It was a if the door is closed no one will see it, so it does not matter.
In my world I like things neat and orderly. However having children has gotten me off track. Funny how that happens. It took my highly structured tendencies and relaxed them. So if anything after being a mother for 13 plus years I am more laid back then I was before, or am I really? Maybe I have been bottling up my tendencies all this time, just a couple of days ago I went in my son’s room (age 7) and reorganzied and sorted through his toys, storing some of them.

editors note- for some reason I already had this picture, the top shelf is not organized because it is over flow. That is because, I can’t reach the top shelf without a stool.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest