Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

When it Rains it Pours

Since I haven’t done this in a while, I thought I would link up with the Real Housewives Of Oklahoma and tell you What is Going on in My Neck of the Woods

Well in my neck of the woods we were dancing this week. After what feels like all summer of HOT weather and it rained. Now it was not a lot of rain. But it lasted long enough that my kids were able to go out and DANCE  
The little guy (okay he is not so little any more), decided he needed an umbrella.
IMG_6695
IMG_6719










My oldest was literally leaping for joy. If you squint just right you can see the pouring down rain here. IMG_6750

The rain lasted long enough for the kids to get wet.


But the rain was not enough, it is still a raging hot furnace here and the front yard looks dead. The only thing blooming is this lonely sunflower that I am sure the birds plantedIMG_6751.




The weathermen are saying that the only thing that will move this High Pressure weather system off of us is for a Hurricane to come through the gulf of Mexico and hit Texas, moving up our way. Now I don’t want anyone to be divested by a hurricane but I am praying for a little bitty one none the less.  This has been one LOOONG and HOT summer and it is time for it to be over. Not really, since we still have our hottest month ahead of us –August.
And that is what is going on in My Neck of the Woods

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

It rained at my place for a minute and a half. Woo hoo!

The 4-Crows Blog said...

You know, I even thought if it was still raining when I got home the other day I might even go out and dance WITHOUT an umbrella and show the kids for once how to have fun and play in a summer rain! Didn't happen. The rain was gone. Figures. Love your pictures.

Mrs. Hart @ The RHOK

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

ShaRhonda we all went out to Cherry Berry to celebrate the rain. Funny how 86 and humid felt good to us after being 107 at 1pm.

Wish I could have joined you all at Blue Hole, but my kids were in first gear this morning. Looks like you had fun. I love that place. We were there last week and ran into soo many friends.

ThatsBaloney said...

You know what's interesting about that? I actually debated about running around in it. Then I thought back to the good ole days when my friends and I ran around in the summer storms.
Too cute!

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

Joni baloney- I will admit that I did not run around but I did run to get the camera! Then I joined them outside.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest