Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Stream of Consciousness

Last week I joined up for the first time with Fadra it was so fun, so when I found myself with a little time this morning I decided to go ahead and do it again this morning.


#SOCsunday

So many thoughts going through my head today. On the Deacon Road show with Deacon G and the two younger ones. Visiting outlaying rural churches. These three churches share a priest. He does not double duty but triple duty. 
Speaking of travel how do you travel with kids. For us we are pretty bare bones. We pack a snack bag, my kids picked blueberries, grapes and protein bars. I know weird huh? I actually had some chips and pretzels but they did not choose that.
My kids pack their own bags too. (7 and 11). I do a shake down before we leave the house. But for a 4 day trip they can pack in a small bag about the size of a suit case. Deacon G is the one with the most clothes, but he had to bring his vestments. We are a travel lightly family.  Always have been. Go to Europe with one small bag each family. I hate to carry baggage. How do you travel? Do you take the kitchen sink? or buy it when you get there? Yup mama forgot her magic lotion and Deacon G had to go to Wal-Mart and get more. Thank God for Wal-Mart – They are everywhere.

5 comments:

Good girl Gone Green said...

We use to travel light, and then our daughter came along 9 months ago! Things are better now when traveling, before it was bring the swing, her bed, all her reusable diapers, her reusable wipes, her diaper bag....and the list continues. Now we don't need the swing and she sleeps with us, so 2 things have been eliminated...finally! I cant imagine having 2 kids while traveling...oh boy!

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

I have traveled to Europe with babies before. I took a sling and some diapers that is about it. Normally we travel with 3 kiddos but they have all learned to travel light as they are now 7, 11 and 13. Our 13 year old is traveling with her grandma though and packed enough for a one month trip in one duffle bag.

TheReadQueen said...

Wow. I am in awe of your traveling lightly! I have always been an overpacker, but now that we have the TinyOne, I am learning how to streamline. It is a necessity...I would never get out the door otherwise!

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

I was lucky to have a girl scout leader in 4th grade who taught me how to pack lightly. I can honestly say I love it. Part of the packing is in how to pack, and part is in knowing what to pack, how to make it all work together. Sounds like a post idea for me, I will get working on it.

all.things.fadra said...

Packing efficiently is definitely a skill. I was in travel for years so I learned the art of packing layers, reusing clothes, and bringing wrinkle-free stuff! I try to cut down on my toiletries too, but hey, this girl needs some help!

We tend to travel heavier when we're in the car and don't have to worry about it.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest