Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pretty Happy Funny Real

Pretty
Finally our schedule allowed me to get back to the farmer’s market.  I got some lovely cantaloupes and garlic, shallots and tomatoes. But what I love the best is I gave my camera to my daughter and let her shoot away. Long after we have eaten all the goodies I will have these pictures.
IMG_6766
Happy
We have had a horribly hot summer this year. In fact it is the officially now the 2nd hottest summer ever.  We have been above 100 more days than not this month. Today I heard that we are the 4th hottest place in America. But this past Sunday we got our first rain in over a month. It didn’t last long but it was long enough for my kids to go out and DANCE.
IMG_6701
IMG_6743

Funny
We made a trip to the creek last week, it was a nice break from the heat. The creek is spring fed and the temperature of the water runs in the 50’s. We had a great time with our friends, and in true form even ran into some of our other friends there.  My kids think we can’t go anywhere without running into someone either Deacon G or I know. I would like to keep it that way too.
IMG_6652







While we had fun here this is not the funny picture. I am still not sure what my son is doing in this picture.
IMG_6614
Real
This is our forecast. I am praying for a Hurricane for this weekend.

Tropical Storm Dan is in the Gulf of Mexico. It has a chance of developing into a hurricane. Now I don’t want a big damaging hurricane to hit Texas. But a nice strong tropical storm will help move this weather system, bring some rain to the parched land and relieve us from the heat we have been experiencing for the last month and half.


This post is linked up to Like Mother Like Daughter

2 comments:

Linny said...

You poor over-heated souls! Last week in Wisconsin was excruciating! I'll be praying for some relief for you!

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

thanks Linny, we are praying for the hurricane to knock this out.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest