Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

On my Book Shelf

IMG_6788
We are book junkies here, we go to the library and come home with bags full, but we go to the second hand book store and thrift shops digging for books to. It is a habit I have passed on to me kids. (this is just one of a dozen book shelves in our home) There is always a book on my nightstand and another one by my chair in the living room.  The newest books to make reading list have in the Nutrition and Natural Health Area. These books have earned a permanent  spot on my bookshelf, on the 4th shelf from the top. Be warned these books are not fluff, and they are not necessarily light reading but do make good home reference books.
                           

                             What to Eat by Marion Nestle  

Natures Pharmacy: Break the Drug Cycle With Safe Natural Alternative Treatments for 200 Everyday Ailments
What to EatI have heard so much about this book and when I spotted a copy at my thrift store I did not stop to think twice about buying it. Marion Nestle is known as the outmost authority on Nutrition in the United States







Natures Pharmacy
What I love about this book is that it breaks things down by ailments, showing medical treatments along with alternative treatments.





Healing with Whole Foods by Paul Pitchford 

Healing with Whole Foods  by Paul Pitchford
This book was recommended by my TCM Doctor. It is not a light read. It is a good 2-3 inches thick. This book is  a comprehensive look at modern medicine through Traditional Chinese Medicine eyes. It takes a nutritional approach to healing and curing ailments.

Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a great recommendation. Thanks for sharing.

Following your lovely blog. I am also inviting you to visit http://olahmomma.com/momlounge where you can add your blog ( http://olahmomma.com/momlounge/node/add/blog-list ), express yourself, and meet and be seen with more mom bloggers.
Thanks and have a great day!

Olah Momma!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest