Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

German Potato Salad

For more Real Food Recipes check here


IMG_6513

















This is one is favorite in our family and at events we go to.  After all who doesn’t like a potato salad.
Ingredients
  • 1-2 lbs. of small potatoes like new red potatoes or Yukon gold's
  • 1/2 lb. of bacon
  • 1 pinch of sea salt
  • 1 pinch of celery seed

Directions
  1. quarter potatoes or slice smaller if necessary,
  2. Add to pot of boiling water with the sea salt and celery seed
  3. cook 1/2 lb. of bacon until it is crispy, drain and cool. then crumble it
  4. While the potatoes and  bacon are cooling, make up some Dijon Mustard Vignette.
  5. While potatoes are still warm pour the Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette over them.
  6. Add crumbled bacon and mix gently.

For more great recipes check out Fresh Bites Friday,  Traditional TuesdaysHearth and Soul Blog Hop


8 comments:

juliecache said...

I have loved eating and making this since I was a girl in a German Fleischacker home. We use a different dressing, though.

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

This was the only way my mom could get me to eat potato salad. I am not a fan of mayonnaise. I would love to have your dressing recipe though. Message me if you can.

Kimberley said...

Good morning! New follower from It's Almost Friday Hop. This looks yummy! I'm a mayo dressing kind of girl though lol Drop by and see me if you get the chance, thanks!

Kimberley
http://davisdailydose.blogspot.com/

Candace said...

What a great flavor combination! I need to give this a try. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Have a wonderful weekend!

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

this does not last long at our house. So be sure and double the recipe if you want leftovers.

Jason@JLHealth said...

I would definitely have to double or maybe triple the recipe at my house...Looks great!!

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

You might want to do that Jason. This recipe is a 5 star out of 5 at our house. Even the "picky" eater will eat it.

Swathi said...

This potato salad looks dleicious. Thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest