Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Real Food Recipe–Fee Fi Pho Yum

This is a  4 Star Recipe at our house. The verdict is still out for Pumpkin.
IMG_4243
 Ingredients


Buckwheat Soba Noodles
Powdered Ginger
Ginger Jelly
White Ginger (Galangal)
Garlic
 Chicken Broth
1-2 lbs.' of Chicken Breast
  Cornstarch to cover meat
  Olive Oil


Directions


  • Season chicken breast with cornstarch, galangal(white ginger) - get at Asian store, minced ginger, ginger jelly and minced garlicIMG_4244 * the ginger jelly gives a sweet spicy taste to the dish
  • Brown the meat in a Dutch oven
  • Add enough liquid – Chicken Broth to simmer  the meat until cooked through.
  • Remove meat from Dutch oven.
  • Add remaining Chicken Broth  to the pan.
  • Meanwhile cook up a enough buckwheat noodles for each person.
  • Layer in a bowl for each person, one leaf of  bok choy or nappa cabbage , a serving of noodles,  and the chicken IMG_4246
  • Ladle the broth over the bowl and garnish with cilantro if desired.
  • Eat and Enjoy

5 comments:

Jacqui' said...

looks great! Love the blog. Newbie here =]

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

welcome aboard Jacqui!

Eat To Live said...

Oh wow!! I think this is something I would actually be able to eat. I am healing from candida of the digestive tract and mostly eat vegetables, a little protein and try to stay away from a lot of carbs.

Buckwheat is something that is on my diet.
One question.... Does the ginger jelly have sugar in it? Sugar is something that I avoid because it feeds the candida.

I am sure I could substitute something else.
New follower! Now I need to go look at the rest of your blog.

carolinaheartstrings said...

That just sounds deliciouis. Cannot wait to give it a try.

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

Terry, sorry to say there is sugar in the jelly, but you could could use fresh ginger.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest