Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Friday, May 6, 2011

Last Minute Easy to Make Mother’s Day Gifts

Mom in kids room
Just in case you forgot. This Sunday is Mother’s Day. I thought I would share some of best cutest easiest, thriftiest Mother’s Day gifts going out there.
I did a quick little survey tonight and the moms’ who answered the question “What are you asking for, for Mother’s Day fell into to three categories. (1) Peace and Quiet (2) A heartfelt gift or card (3)
I know most moms appreciate anything that is made with LOVE. It is the thought that counts.


Make IT


One of my favorite gift from the kids to grandma ideas is the handprint art calendar. The calendar can start with any month really, Who says calendars have to start with January You go 12 months round or you can do a 19 month calendar starting with this May 2011 and go through December 2012. Handprint art is soo personal since the hands change soo much as they are growing up. I still have the handprint garden rocks my kids made me when they were 7 4 and 1.A quick search of handprint art brought up these ideas too. hand7.
Silly Eagle Books  Hand Print Heart Keepsake
tote bags
Paint Cut and Paste - Handprint Flower Tote Bag

Bake IT


One word here at least in this Mom’s opinion. Chocolate.
Reason's for Chocolate has a recipe for  Chocolate Chip Pound Cake that looks delish. But if you are not sure of your baking skills how about a simple pound or angel food cake with real chocolate syrup. This recipe comes to us from The Complete Tightwad Gazette via Small Notebook

Sew IT


bandanna image
(no sew option).  This is a super cute idea that can be customized for almost any mom. If you are a sewer you could even add a pocket. Under the Sycamore has all the how –to’s on their site.  This is a very customizable gift. There are soo many bandannas out there you are bound to find something to match their interests, favorite team, colors. You get the drift
.
GROW It


red_geraniums

As a gardener and the daughter of one, I just think you can’t go wrong with potted plants. Even if mom has a brown thumb a potted plant will last sooo much longer than a bouquet. Perennials are usually preferred by the die hard gardener, maybe even some heirloom tomato plants. Or Gardening accessories. Paint some clay pots for mom to put her new plants in. Have the kids do handprint art on the clay pots.
If all else fails buy jewelry. Amazon has this cute piece and you can still get it by Saturday.


Sterling Silver Pink Mother-of-Pearl Heart with Diamond Pendant  



For more ideas check out these sites.
Life as Mom - Frugal Mother's Day Gift Ideas
Eco Child's Play - Alternative Gifts that Come from the Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest