Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can subscribe via email. or rss feed. Or join me on Facebook or Twitter o4 follow me on Pinterest

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Neck of the Woods

I am joining up with the The Real Housewives of Oklahoma to show you what is happening in my neck of the woods.
 
 Tonight our school held its academic awards for students who have made outstanding achievements. My oldest daughter – Pi was honored.  A little bit about her nickname. One day she asked me if she could have a food nickname like her brother (pumpkin) and sister (peanut).  I told her she could be Pi  as in 3.14.  She is a bit gifted in science and math, but she won’t tell you that, so I will.

My daughter was honored with a couple of awards. One was as an Academic All Star. Only 7 students out of the Junior and Senior High School won this award.

Academic Awards

  So what do you do after winning an award like this?


Average Teenage Girl

Why of course, you immediately, like any good 13 year old, you update your status on Facebook and text all your friends.
Party Like a Rock Star

Now what do you do if you are 6 and bored at your sister’s banquet?
 You pretend you are a ROCK STAR!


Technorati Tags: ,

3 comments:

The 4-Crows Blog said...

Congrats Pi!!! And a special congeats to you mom- i think we get left out a lot! Thanks for linking up! Mrs. Hart

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

Thanks for the compliment but to tell the truth she comes by it naturally. I was not a math person as a kid. Today she will be taking both the 7th and 8th grade state tests in math. Hence the name. Thanks for hosting this meme. I have been looking for a way to jump in since I first saw it.

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

Just in case any of you are wondering where Pumpkin was..She was off being a social butterfly with her best girls. That means once they all got there I never saw her for the rest of the night.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love my visitors, and I love your comments too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thanks for joining me here, if you enjoy what you see take a moment and join me you can, Subscribe by RSS Feed or find me on Twitter or Facebook and Pinterest